[tex-live] Request for dvisvgm update

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 01:08:22 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     Is it possible to update dvisvgm to version 1.5.2 (or at least
>     1.5.1),
>
> You'd have to compile from source.  I don't know if compiling from the
> upstream source (e.g., on CTAN) would yield a binary that can just be
> dropped into place.

There is a little twist. dvisvgm requires potrace library. By default
potrace http://potrace.sourceforge.net compiles with the library but does
not install it, so compiling potrace  one needs to run ./configure
--with-library. The rest is straightforward (but again one needs to make
sure that dvisvgm returns /usr/local/bin/dvisvgm rather than the old one)

HTH

Victor

PS. Not sure why my browser "corrects" potrace to "pot race" :D

--

Victor Ivrii