[tex-live] How to packages installed?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 11:04:55 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 4:31 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2014, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> > % tlmgr list |grep ^i
> >
> > However it does not work if there is no repository available (either
> > because my installation is old, older than the current, or if there is no
> > connection.
>
> Option 1:
>         tlmgr list --only-installed
>
> (hint hint - read the manual ;-)

I did, but if you look at tlmgr.man1.pdf --only-installed appears ONLY as
% tlmgr info  --only-installed
not as
% tlmgr list  --only-installed

> Option 2:
>         grep ^name `kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFROOT`/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

It adds two extra lines

name 00texlive.config
name 00texlive.installation

> > * Also it does not work for packages installed in texmf-local or ~/texmf
> > and, probably for packages which were removed from the repository but not
> > locally
>
> Of coure, local package tlmgr has no idea about.

Sure, but what about packages which were removed from the repository but
not by tlmgr ? I presume, that with option --only-installed they will be
listed; but what would happen if we do not invoke this option?

Victor

Victor Ivrii