[tex-live] Minitoc documentation size

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Jul 17 15:09:24 CEST 2014

http://latex-project.org/lppl/

Basically just mark your work as "Maintained" and write who the maintainer is.

Then the lppl states that if the maintainer is unreachable for a long period of time, someone else can take over the maintenance for the package.

'author-maintained' then we have a problem. If, say, the maintainer dies, we have to get permission from the heirs (AFAIK).

For example etoolbox is author-maintained and Philipp Lehman has not been in contact for several years now. But no-one has the right to update or take over his package.

Biblatex as just maintained (AFAIR) and others have now stepped in.

The memoir class was actually author-maintained when I took over, I changed it with Peter Wilsons blessing.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University