[tex-live] bug in thumbpdf? - PATCH

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jul 14 17:33:20 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Ulrike's test files I could track it down ...

> So it seems that the $objstream is *only* initialized when the objdict[$count]
> is true, i.e., if the obj line looks like
> 	3 0 obj <<
> But the << is on the next line, and even then, moving it up, did not change
> anything.

That was absolutely true, but my check was wrong, because thumbpdf was
parsing a *different* file, the thumbpdf.pdf.

There are two changes in PDF-X or whatever that adds these new lines
after << and >>.

With the attached patch it works again on my installations.

But I don't know whether
	tell
	seek
works on Windows, too (Ulrike ... please ...)

The idea is that we read the next line (peek at it), and if it
is a << or endobj then we just do as normal, otherwise we put
the line back.

Patch attached, comments welcome.

Thanks

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13