[tex-live] Install file of the TL should have unique name

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 19 17:06:15 CET 2014

Le dimanche 19/01/14 à 11h59,
Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> a écrit :

> 20 students on the same basestation, no good. The USBs work a lot
> better.

I agree.

> Am I right in assuming that once the ISO is loaded, the installation
> time from the mounted iso is more or less the same compared to
> installting from tlnet on HD? ie the gain comes from the ISO being
> faster to copy.

Yes. I'm pretty sure that:

1. copying the ISO from the USB stick on the HD,
installing WinCDEmu and mounting the ISO

is faster than:

2. (a) either copying the unzipped tlnet folder,
   (b) or copying the zipped tlnet folder and then unzipping it.

Afterwards, the situations are the similar: you install TL either (1.)
from a (virtual HD) drive or (2.) from the folder in the drive were you
copied the (un)zipped tlnet folder.
--
Denis