[tex-live] OT2 vs. T2A; compilation by apache user issues

mario chiari ml at mariochiari.net
Tue Feb 25 18:35:44 CET 2014

Dear Robin, All,

I hope you all are not running out of patience with me, but

My .tex code is compiled fine now when I run latex+biber+pdflatex from
my shell (or from within Kile). Compilation  fails  (still as below)
when it is performed by my local Apache server.

I understand that files are created under /root/.texlive/... and that
maybe Apache can not access them. To copy/paste them under the main
texlive directory did not fix anything.

Is anybody knowledgeable on how to fix it? I would like to fix this,
before to upgrade myself to Unicode and Xe[La]TeX.

My sample php script is below.
Thanks
Cheers
mario

*****************
<?php

echo '<hr>';
$nomeFile = 'MyFile';

$texFile = $nomeFile.".tex";
$bibFile = $nomeFile.'.bcf';
$pdfFile = $nomeFile.".pdf";

$test2 = `/usr/local/texlive/2013/bin/i386-linux/latex  --interaction
batchmode $texFile`;
$test21 = `/usr/local/texlive/2013/bin/i386-linux/biber    $bibFile`;
$test22 = `/usr/local/texlive/2013/bin/i386-linux/pdflatex
--interaction batchmode $texFile`;

echo "<pre>$test2</pre>";
echo "<pre>$test21</pre>";
echo "<pre>$test22</pre>";