[tex-live] OT2 vs. T2A; compilation by apache user issues

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 11:07:10 CET 2014

Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see the very same error message as Mario even if a correct font is
> found.

i responded to a message saying it couldn't find an fd for lm+(ot2|t2),
which you won't get if a "correct font" (i.e., one with an appropriate
fd file) is found.

no matter, having _one_ person read what i wrote is a good strike rate,
in my mind.

> The problem occurs when hyperref is trying to send the section
> name to the outlines. If I use \texorpdfstring to use Cyrillic in the
> section title and Latin in outlines, everything works.

of course, you could use cmap or mmap (i don't remember which is
"better") to put the appropriate unicode into the pdf for those things.

... and that would work whether or not you're using utf-8 input, or
overriding it with \texorpdfstring.