[tex-live] Adding installer support for x86_64-cygwin

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Feb 22 00:35:29 CET 2014

Hi Ken,

    Does anything else need to be done as far as
    installation is concerned?

Do you get x86_64-cygwin as the platform identifier in the installer now
(i.e., the defaults for transforming the config.guess output work)?
tlmgr -print-platform or install-tl -print-platform is an easy way to
test, as you may

Ultimately we will want the xz and xzdec binaries, but that can wait
until after the freeze.

Do you expect to provide asymptote, biber, xindy, as with i386-cygwin?
(Again, nothing to do until after the freeze, but just checking.)

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. For the record, I tersely described the "add a new platform"
process in tlpkg/doc/packages.txt (for some years).