[tex-live] Outstanding question about Hebrew and Greek hyphenation patterns

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Sep 22 10:46:01 CEST 2013

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> du -sh /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/{fonts,tex/latex}
> 1.3G	/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/fonts
> 116M	/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/latex

Fair comment, Reinhard, and a point I had failed to appreciate.

Nonetheless, the sheer /number/ of (unwanted) LaTeX packages
adds significantly to the mirroring time.  However, as is
noted elswhere, mirroring is essentially a one-off activity,
and mine did indeed complete overnight (I am updating it
as I speak).  Looking at the statistics for TeXMF-Dist,
I see there are only three non-trivial hierarchies :

	Doc : 47.28%
	Fonts : 37.30%
	Source: 7.51%
	TeX : 6.20%