[tex-live] Install TeX Live 20130914 failed

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Sep 18 03:20:08 CEST 2013

> (1) Is there no way to ask TLmgr to perform those steps,
> rather than requiring the user to perform them explicitly ?

what about *reading* the man page ... I gave you already the link.
THere is the option to
	tlgmr generate
       --rebuild-sys
           tells tlmgr to run necessary programs after config files have been
           regenerated. These are: "fmtutil-sys --all" after "generate
           fmtutil", "fmtutil-sys --byhyphen .../language.dat" after "generate
           language.dat", and "fmtutil-sys --byhyphen .../language.def" after
           "generate language.def".

           These subsequent calls cause the newly-generated files to actually
           take effect.  This is not done by default since those calls are
           lengthy processes and one might want to made several related
           changes in succession before invoking these programs.

> (2) Is the first of the three not in error ?  Should it not read

Yes, typo, fixed in svn. Thanks.

> (3) Would it not reduce the risk of error if the final periods were
> omitted from the instructions ?  Left in place, a user may endeavour
> to execute the command with a period following the file extension.

Removing the dots will bring us an email from a certain P.T. complaining
about improper use of English.

> (4) The command to be run, as it stands, is not copy-and-pastable,
> because of the line-turn that intervenes.

Windows problem, we output it on one line.

Norbert