[tex-live] Install TeX Live 20130914 failed

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 17 17:15:02 CEST 2013

On 17/9/13 15:19, Philip Taylor wrote:

> All I want to do is to
> be able to write \uselanguage {hebrew} and for this to introduce
> a new hyphenation regime : patterns, LHM, RHM and so on.  If there
> are no available patterns (which comes as something of a surprise :
> Hebrew is hardly a minority language), then it is hard to say what
> its effect should be, but to permit hyphenation everywhere would
> perhaps be one possible fallback.

As there are no patterns available (which I don't find so very
surprising, as I believe hyphenation is rarely used in Hebrew
typography), I suggest using \uselanguage {nohyph} instead. (Or is it
nohyphen? I forget...)

(If you really want to permit hyphenation "everywhere" within your
Hebrew text, you could create some trivial patterns to do this:

   א1
   ב1
   ג1
   ד1
   ...etc.

and then adjust \lefthyphenmin and \righthyphenmin according to the
minimum-length fragments you'd like to enforce.)

JK