[tex-live] Install TeX Live 20130914 failed

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Sep 17 13:17:45 CEST 2013

  I think Babel Hebrew is hopelessly broken for pdfTeX and other 8-bit
engines.  The fonts it looks for don't seem to be available any more, on
CTAN or elsewhere (I investigated this a few months ago).  Philip,
however, is using XeTeX, and is not even using Babel at all from what I
understand, so his problem is different.

  I don't think it makes much sense to try and fix Babel for 8-bit TeX
engines; XeTeX and, to a great extent, LuaTeX, do a great job for Hebrew
and that's what people seem to actually be using.

	Arthur