[tex-live] Package preparation question (directory structure)

Urs Liska ul at openlilylib.org
Thu Sep 5 01:12:42 CEST 2013

Am 05.09.2013 00:45, schrieb Karl Berry:
>      I'm preparating my first package 'lilyglyphs' for CTAN upload.
>
> Too bad your first package is such a complicated one!  No wonder
> pkgcontrib.html and other such things didn't answer all your questions.
> Let's see what we can do.

Hi Karl,

thank you very much for your detailed information which indeed clarifies
a lot of things. I hope the package will eventually be worth the effort ;-)
(well, initial feedback from fellow LilyPond users indicates this might
be the case ...)
(If you're interested you may have a look at this one-page example
document:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49478835/lilyglyphs-example.pdf
(this link won't be permanent).)

I will consider them one by one next time (it's kind of late now here in
Germany).
Just one general issue for now: the order of directories, the
'lilyglyphs/doc <-> doc/lilyglyphs' thing.

When I wrote '/doc/lilyglyphs' or '/scripts/lilyglyphs' I was refering
to a tds.zip file.
As far as I've understood I should consider the initial '/' to be
equivalent to a 'texmf' directory.
Below that comes [doc|source|tex|scripts|...] and below these the
package-name.
Is that correct?

But when I do _not_ provide the tds.zip file (which would be a relief
for me anyway) we're talking about the lilyglyphs.zip file.
This has /lilyglyphs as its root and then all the other dirs like doc,
source or scripts below that. Right?

Thanks again
Urs