[tex-live] no sudo after updating to Mavericks

Hans jrenkema at telfort.nl
Thu Oct 31 21:00:11 CET 2013

Hello,

After a fresh install of Mavericks I let the installer write my personal stuff from a time machine backup into the new system. Somewhat later I noticed that the sudo commands sudo -H mktexlsr and sudo -H updmap-sys (required after a fontinstall) did not work (terminal comment: command not found).

I booted from a Mountain Lion partition and from there the mentioned sudo's did work. So the cause must be Mavericks, I thought. Dick Koch told me that in his Mavericks installation both commands work. That convinces me that something has gone wrong. In writing my personal stuff, the installer must have skipped something that belongs to TeXShop. So I reinstalled mactex.pkg 2013 and indeed the mentioned sudo commands are working again. May be, this experience and solution help somebody who encounters the same problem.

Hans Renkema