[tex-live] Where is the root dir of my Tex Live installation

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Nov 15 15:46:11 CET 2013

erh, exactly what have you installed and what are you trying to do

What does this mean"

"I have Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and tex live directly from the net installed"

Did you install Ubuntu TeX Live or the Vanilla/TUG TeX Live?

Only the later have tlmgr, which will be installed automatically.

where does this 'runme.sh' come from?

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University