[tex-live] feature request: show full path name of latex file when an error error occurs.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed May 29 22:51:49 CEST 2013

    Shows the file name when an error occurs. But this only shows
    the file name and not the full path of the file.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've wanted a way myself to get the full
filename in error messages (or in the log file, or the TeX source for
that matter).  It's not easy to implement, unfortunately.

Regardless of that, it doesn't seem right to change the default for
--file-line-error; the compilers I know don't ever give absolute
filenames.

Maybe something can be done for a future release.

Best,