[tex-live] texlive 2013 pretest epstopdf problem

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri May 24 11:23:30 CEST 2013

Am Fri, 24 May 2013 09:22:58 +0200 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> But this is a valid question. If epstopdf is not in PATH, there's a
> high chance that ghostscript is not in PATH either. Does calling "gs",
> "gswin", "gswin32" (I forgot the exact name) from command prompt work?
> What does "echo %PATH%" return?

gswin2c doesn't need to be in the PATH. gswin2c is in
D:\texlive\2013\tlpkg\tlgs\bin on my system and epstopdf.pl finds it
through a path relative to the perl script:
$GS = "$mydirname/../../../tlpkg/tlgs/bin/$GS";

$mydirname is set with dirname $0 and this gives the correct value
when epstopdf is called through the binary but not if perl directly
is used.

So
   epstopdf bild eps
works fine but

  perl <full path>\epstopdf.pl bild.eps

gives an error that gswin2c is not found.

Imho the original problem is somehow related to the specific eps. It
is probably broken.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/