[tex-live] Format file in quotes not parsed by pdflatex

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat May 18 14:15:29 CEST 2013

David Carlisle wrote:
> I have little sympathy for spaces in filenames:-)
I have considerable sympathy for spaces in filenames since they are not
only supported but virtually mandated by the most ubiquitous
operating system that we have today.  What is not clear to me
is why quotes might be expected to work when we are dealing
with TeX.  Surely if a space character is to be represented in
a filename within a TeX source, that character should be
represented using TeX notation such as :

    foo^^`bar

        or

    foo^^20bar

Unfortunately neither of these appear to work
within the context of a %& pragmat in TeX Live 2011.

Philip Taylor