[tex-live] Problem with Babel

Robert B. Gozzoli r.b.gozzoli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 10:18:02 CEST 2013

I attach here the minimal example as required.

 \documentclass[12pt,a4paper,showtrims]{memoir} % for a 4long
document, it was 11pt

%\documentclass[12pt,a4paper,article]{memoir} % for a short document

\usepackage{fontspec} % Font selection for XeLaTeX; see fontspec.pdf
for documentation

\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text} % to support TeX conventions like ``---''

\usepackage{xunicode} % Unicode support for LaTeX character names
(accents, European chars, etc)

\usepackage{xltxtra} % Extra customizations for XeLaTeX

\usepackage{etoolbox}

\usepackage{polyglossia}

\usepackage{tabularx}

\usepackage[style=verbose-ibid,firstinits=true,sorting=nty,sortcites=true,useprefix=false,isbn=false,maxnames=99,citetracker=true,citepages=omit,backend=biber]{biblatex}
% originally the style was verbose-ibid

 \begin{document}

This is the book.\footnote{ @book{Ray.1976,

 author = {Ray, J. D.},

 year = {1976},

 title = {The Archive of Hor},

 number = {2},

 publisher = {Egypt Exploration Society},

 subtitle = {Texts from Excavations},

 location = {London},

 usera = {Yes}.}

   \end{document}

and this is part of the relative error:

Package biblatex Info: Trying to load configuration file...

Package biblatex Info: ... file 'biblatex.cfg' found.

(c:/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/latex/biblatex/biblatex.cfg

File: biblatex.cfg

)))

! Package biblatex Error: Patching 'babel' package failed.

See the biblatex package documentation for explanation.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

I will try the solution already forwarded to me, or I will go back to
TeXLive2012, until the problem will be fixed in CTAN.

I am forwarding the email to the biblatex maintainer too, just for information.

Regards,

Roberto Gozzoli