[tex-live] install-tl inserts 2013/.. in TEXMFLOCAL

Wybo Dekker wybo at dekkerdocumenten.nl
Sat Jun 1 17:01:57 CEST 2013

There are solutions for any language, I'm sure.
Such solutions are not always very *very* easy and simple, as we have
seen for the bash proposal and Karl's comments on it.

But my point is that it should not be needed to find solutions for
things that don't work as advertised in the first place.

And why would we want an important TeX variable to have an illogical,
non-intuitive value? Only because it is so difficult to produce it?

And finally: if the solution is so very *very* simple, why not build it
into kpsewhich's output routine?