[tex-live] Fundamental package texlive.infra not present

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 10:45:29 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:49 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Mo, 29 Jul 2013, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> > Fundamental package texlive.infra not present, uh oh, goodbyeSerious
> error,
> > texlive.infra not found at /usr/local/texlive/2013/bin/x86_64-linux/tlmgr
> > line 5851.

> > tlmgr check  claims that a lot of packages are missing which is not the
> > case but
>
> Do you have
>         /usr/local/texlive/2013/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
> If that is not here, than it looks bleak.
>

> What does
>         tlmgr info
> say?
>
> > /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-config/
> >
> > seems to be wiped-clean
>
> Irrelevant. Nothing in there of great importance
>
> > *** Any easy remedy?***
>
> Depending on how it came to this situation.
>
> The only explanation I have is that the tlpdb file got lost.
>
> Norbert

It got corrupted: half file size, half lines etc. Also tlmgr info claimed
that lower half of the package list is not installed.

Uploading this file from mac remedied situation:
 tlmgr info lists all items (except specific for other platforms) as
installed
tlmgr update works

So (keeping fingers crossed)  things seem to be fixed