[tex-live] Including different software in TeX Live.

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jul 9 03:36:23 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Di, 09 Jul 2013, Ali Sajid Imami wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible to fork TeX live or, at the very least,

Yes, but I do not recommend to do it.

> add new software (Like TeXMaker) to TeX live.  I wanted to know if it is a

In what sense do you want to "add" it? If you want to be able to type
	tlmgr install texmaker
then the best idea is to:
- create an additional repository
- create the texmaker texlive packages
  I checked, it might be possible by using the statically linked versions for Linux
  and the portable version for Windows
- tell the users to add your repository (we have multiple repository support!)

That is the best idea ...

> big task or an easy one. I intend to distribute TeX live in my College with
> my training on using TeX and I have had better feedback from people using
> TeXMaker than TeXWorks.

As Reinhard suggested, why don't you tell them:
- install TeX Live
- install TeXMaker
and that is it ... both is very easy ;-)

Norbert