[tex-live] Kpathsea cannot find mktex.opt

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jul 8 19:59:02 CEST 2013

Hi Elie,

    mktextfm has difficulties to pass the good arguments to mf-nowin,

With what font?  I've had general success with mktextfm in the past,
although I haven't tried it for a while now.

    kpathsea:make_tex: Invalid fontname `mode:=ljfour', contains ':'

Ok, evidently something needs to be done.  I seem to remember that
message being added relatively recently.

    -  cmd="$MF \mode:=$MODE; mag:=$MAG; nonstopmode; input $NAME"
    +  cmd="$MF \"\mode:=$MODE;mag:=$MAG;nonstopmode;\" input $NAME"

All the text \mode...$NAME is input to mf.  It doesn't make sense to me
to quote part of it.  Although the \m looks to me like it could get lost
due to shell quoting.

Anyway, I'll investigate as soon as I have a chance.

Thanks,
karl