[tex-live] pmx-2.6.19

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jan 15 21:33:02 CET 2013

On 2013-01-15 at 17:01:34 +0100, Herbert Voss wrote:

 > Am 15.01.2013 16:53, schrieb Bob Tennent:
 > >   >|> I know that and I wasn't asking for that.
 > >   >|
 > >   >|Then what are you asking for ?
 > >
 > > That a distribution like TeXLive that doesn't update executables
 > > not install *inconsistent* upgrades. You realize that one doesn't
 > > submit upgrades directly to TeXLive but to CTAN.
 >
 > it should be no problem when you drop a line to the CTAN
 > maintainers that they shouldn't trigger a CTAN-upload to TeXLive.

CTAN maintainers don't trigger TeX Live package updates.  The update
process at TeX Live isn't fully automatic.  It's still necessary to
check the directory structure of packages on CTAN and to adapt the
scripts accordingly.  Thus, packages are fetched from CTAN manually.

In order to avoid such inconsistencies it's best to inform Karl and
Norbert.

I must admit that I don't know much about MiKTeX.  But when I informed
Christian about a new VnTeX release a few years ago, he told me that
he fetched it from the TeX Live repository.  If he does the same with
other packages too (anything else doesn't make sense, IMO), then
Phil's suggestion (postpone until TL is frozen) is quite reasonable.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25