[tex-live] unicode-math lm-math inconsistency

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 20:23:23 CET 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 07:00:23AM -0500, Bob Tennent wrote:
> >
> > > latinmodern-math naming convention was stabilised a month ago.
> >
> > > I updated unicode-math on CTAN yesterday, so I hope this will be
> sorted shortly.
> >
> > Still not consistent:
> >
> >   % ls texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/lm-math
> >   latinmodern-math.otf
> >
> >   unicode-math-luatex.sty:
> >
> \setmathfont[BoldFont={latinmodernmath-regular.otf}]{latinmodernmath-regular.otf}
>
> The font name just keeps changing.

Rather than making changes to unicode-math-<engine>.sty, kpathsea's aliases
can
map some fixed name to the font chosen as the default:

   unicode-math-luatex.sty:
     \setmathfont[BoldFont={unicode-math-default.otf}]{unicode-math-default
.otf}

 and

  ../texmf<-dujour>/aliases:
   latinmodern-math-dujour.otf unicode-math-default.otf

Is there a way in tlmgr to add such entries to the aliases file?

Perhaps it is time to add a mechanism to tlmgr to choose default unicode
fonts for xetex and luatex.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia