[tex-live] utf-8 encoding in outline

Semen Trygubenko / Семен Тригубенко semen at trygub.com
Wed Dec 18 19:26:17 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 07:10:53PM +0100, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> 2013/12/18 Semen Trygubenko / Семен Тригубенко <semen at trygub.com>:

> >> Presumably because XeTeX is being used, which uses utf-8 as its
> >> native encoding.
> >>
> >> Philip Taylor
> >
> > Much obliged — it worked for me!
> >
> > Off topic, FWIW, but … sometimes it takes a little while to receive email from people I haven't corresponded with before, so I end up browsing, e.g. http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2013-December/ , in the interest of speed.
> >
> > I couldn't help noticing just now that some of the messages, e.g. from the previous thread with subject "enquiry regarding Ukrainian …" are not there, e.g. this one (attached).
> >
> > Is there some sort of incorrect CCing, or, perchance, this is a mail server misbehaviour? Other people in CC received it as I've got replies back … These replies didn't make it across, either …
> >
> It may be a result of greylisting implemented on your mailbox. If the
> sender is unknown, your mailbox reports an error that it is
> temporarily unavailable and the sender should try again after a short
> time, usually 5 minutes. The idea behind it is that real senders
> (their SMPT server) will resend the same mail with the same message Id
> and will then be placed in a whitelist but spammers usually do not
> resend the message and will be placed to a blacklist.

The email I attached originated from me. Apologies for confusion: by "these replies didn't make it across, either …" I mean "the replies didn't make it to the mailing list". I've got all the replies. People who replied have got that message (evident from the inlines from the original message). It looks like tex-live is the only one who didn't get a copy of it, that is all …

Thanks,
S.

--
Семен Тригубенко http://trygub.com