[tex-live] dvipdfmx warnings

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Mon Dec 2 14:35:50 CET 2013

Le 2 déc. 2013 à 14:08, Bob Tennent <rdt at cs.queensu.ca> a écrit :

> Jean-Francois:  "\ifwithdvipdfmx is a document boolean"
>
> It seems using dvipdfmx as a document option doesn't create/set that
> conditional. But your post does list all (?) the packages affected

Bob,

I apologize for not having clearly stated that this \ifwithdvipdfmx
was a user (me) created boolean; actually I create this boolean
in another file, and then load the main
file (which contains all the \PassOptionsToPackage things after
the \documentclass) via an \input. I can then keep the main
file unchanged and decide to compile it via latex+dvipdfmx or pdflatex

Also: the packages listed in my message are the ones I experimentally
figured to be in need to be properly set-up for dvipdfmx use, there may
be others, the list proved sufficient for my use cases, perhaps some
other packages I don't know about or not needed in my documents
do need proper attention.

Whenever I can, I use dvipdfmx as it produce systematically smaller pdf's,
for some fonts the pdf size can be drastically improved, I have experienced
going down from 700K to 200K, mostly I observe from 10% to 30% gain.

One font which I cannot use with dvipdfmx is T1/txtt, when the document
uses letters like é or à outside the 32-127 range.

regards,

Jean-Francois