[tex-live] [texworks] problem with latexmk / runscript.dll-error

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Aug 12 23:14:10 CEST 2013

On 2013-08-12 at 14:04:11 +0200, Andreas Hirsch wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > after the last update (sunday morning) latexmk does not work anymore.
 >
 > I noticed, that there was no latexmk-update in this update.
 >
 > Also my system (Win7 64bit) has not got any Windows-Update, so the
 > system-configuration should not have changed.
 >
 > I'm using TeXWorks and the latexmk-process terminates so early that the
 > console-log-window only displays 'Der Prozess ist abgestürzt' which
 > means something like 'the process hast terminated unexpected' - nothing
 > else.
 >
 > So I started latexmk in a command-ashell-window ang got something like
 > 'the program could not be started as of runscript.dll is missing' (see
 > attached screenshot for the original (german) message).
 >
 > What went wrong?

Hi Andreas,
whenever you can reproduce a problem on the command line, it's very
unlikely that TeXworks is the culprit.

The problem you described is certainly a glitch in TeX Live which had
been introduced last weekend.  Norbert fixed it already and people
reported that it works now.  It should be sufficient to update TeX
Live.  However, if it still doesn't work tomorrow, please report it on
the TeX Live list.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25