[tex-live] User names too longs or with diacritics on Windows

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Apr 26 10:45:49 CEST 2013

I will not be near any Windows until Wednesday

But here is how I understand what happens in the test up.

The users share on the file server seems to be mounted as, say, the P: drive

And the Domain then redirects the normal 'Documents' folder to something like

P:\Users\name\My Documents

Such that when you add something to the Documents folder, it actually ends up in P:\Users\name\My Documents

(I think the Windows people in the organization is getting fed up with my questions about what is actually going on here).

BTW: Siep, do you happen to know about what Windows do in the situation above when one double clicks on a file?

We are trying to fix a problem with TeXStudio (I've mentioned it elsewhere in the thread).

Apparently TSX only receives a UNC path if the user double clicks the .tex file, not if TSX is started on the file via the CLI og if the file is opened via 'Open with'.

We cannot figure out it is an OS problem (where we cannot do anything) or if we can get the the path to the file in some other way.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University