[tex-live] including "songs" package in TeX Live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 18 16:09:45 CEST 2013

Hi Kevin - thanks very much for your note.  I'm sorry I didn't realize
the C program was not required to use the package.  That was indeed why
I hadn't included it before.

I just installed it for tonight's build (in tlpretest,
http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html, since the main distribution
repository is frozen right now).  For simplicity I put most everyhing
under doc/, except for the .sty (obviously) and the .dtx+.ins (under
source/, as is traditional).  If you think some of the other files
should be moved around, just write me off-list and we can discuss.
Pretty much any arrangement is fine with me.

Thanks again,
Karl