[tex-live] TL13 status

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 10 14:58:12 CEST 2013

Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:

> Norbert Preining wrote:
>
> > Are *you* telling a group of volunteers that we lack *motivation*???
>
> Not motivation in general; you all clearly have that in abundance.
>
> I was referring solely to the motivation to consider alternatives
> that go against the current received wisdom.

so we're ignoring you because you're "not one of us"?

rest assured that we _all_ know of ways of improving performance.  i,
for one, am in no position to undertake any substantial work: i find it
difficult enough to keep up with my ctan work as it is ... so any
thoughts i may have about improving processes tend to simmer in the
background for months (or years) before i do anything.

we have a precedent of recruiting someone for a single project
(revamping the ctan web presence).  finding someone to do the job
took an age, and once he was "on board", he too had difficulty finding
time to do the work.

your "just do it" approach (as it seems to me) simply cannot work.  we
need a suggested project plan before we even start devoting ctan time to
the matter.

robin