[tex-live] TL13 status

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Apr 10 14:21:26 CEST 2013

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Do you think it is a good idea to create such
> portability issues?

No, I do not.

> Or would you like to force maintainers of all TeX
> distributions to have the same release date?

No, I do not seek to force maintainers of TeX distributions
to do anything; I am (as I wrote earlier today) simply
offering some ideas.  The points you raise are important,
and require careful thought :  I will endeavour to address
them later (I am about to go out).  But that, if I might
state the obvious, is the whole purpose of raising ideas
such as these :  to stimulate discussion of the pros and
cons, to identify the strengths and weaknesses, and then
(and only then), if the idea seems a good one, to seek
to get it adopted.

** Phil.