[tex-live] TL13 status

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Apr 9 22:26:16 CEST 2013

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Who will test all the packages?

The TeX Live user community who install from the network.

> And who will select which CTAN updates
> are bug fix and should be included and which of them are new versions
> that must be excluded?

Forget CTAN, please; I am thinking "outside the box", and suggesting
that during the pre-DVD-burn freeze anything going to CTAN is ignored
for the purposes of TeX Live (temporarily) and that bug-fixed versions
go elsewhere (where "elsewhere" could really be just a different place
withing CTAN, or somewhere such as the TeX Live repository about which
I know nothing).

** Phil.