[tex-live] removal of a package from texlive

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Tue Apr 2 19:05:56 CEST 2013

2013/4/2 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
> And if you stop developping this package, then also the author-maintained
> status of LPPL is gone, and someone else can take over the same package
> under the same name.

Careful. While I'm not an LPPL-guru (Robin?), I see no path in the
current LPPL from "author-maintained" to "unmaintained", only from
"maintained" to "unmaintained". "author-maintained" is a dead-end.

Of course everybody is free under the LPPL to _fork_ any
LPPL-copyrighted work under a _different_ name.

Best
   Martin