[tex-live] [libertine]: libertine.sty in wrong dir

Fri Sep 28 11:40:21 CEST 2012

Am 28.09.2012 11:14, schrieb Patrick Gundlach:

> can you please help me to understand the history and current situation?
>
> * First there was the "libertine" package a file called "libertine.sty" that supported classic PDFTeX and LuaTEX/XeTeX.

no, only pdfTeX

> * Then the support for type1 was dropped, thus "libertine.sty" only supported LuaTeX/XeTeX

yes and no, libertine.sty way moved to obsolete and there ways a new
libertineotf.sty, which supports only XeTeX/LuaTeX

> * Then came "libertine-legacy" with a file called "libertine.sty" for support for PDFTeX

yes, which was exactly the old sitatuation

> * The former libertine (the one with LuaTeX/XeTeX support) package was renamed to libertineotf (and a style file 'libertineotf.sty')

no that part was not affected by libertine-legacy.

* libertine-legacy moved into obsolete and two new packages were created
   liberine-type1 and biolinum-type1. libertine-sty was again missing

> * A new package was uploaded recently with name libertine / libertine.sty that only supports PDFTeX

to get again the old behaviour, using Libertine and Biolinum for pdfTeX.
The obly difference: Now the new packages libertine-type1 and
biolinum-type1 are used.

Herbert