[tex-live] temporary files of otftotfm

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Sep 20 10:10:00 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to use the newest windows binaries from
http://w32tex.org/ of the lcdf-typetools (version 2.94).

When calling otftotfm I get the error message
otftotfm: temporary file '\s1so.4': Permission denied
This looks as if otftotfm tries to write at the root of the drive.
I can avoid the problem by calling otftotfm with admin rights.

I had this problem already two years ago. At this time it was a bug
which has been corrected:

http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2010-February/024687.html

It worked fine with an older version (2.82 I think) until yesterday
when I downloaded the newest version ;-(.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/