[tex-live] Updating TeXLive 2009 to TeXLive 2012 on Snow Leopard

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Sep 7 16:50:36 CEST 2012

On Sep 7, 2012, at 12:26 AM, Sandeep Murthy <s.murthy at ems.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have TeXLive 2009 installed on my Mac Book Pro running
> Snow Leopard.  I would like to update this to TeXLive 2012,
> which seems to be the latest version.  Do I need to uninstall
> the old version before I install the new one, or is there an
> update facility?  I cannot see any update facility on the TeX
> Distribution section on the System Preferences pane.
>

> Sincerely, Sandeep.

Howdy,

As long as you have plenty of HD space there is no need to remove TL2009 before installing TL2012. As a matter of fact the TeX Distribution preference pane in System Preferences, installed by MacTeX, will even allow you to switch between the two.

You can get more information at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/>.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)