[tex-live] TexLive version of CWEB can't handle strings >1024 characters

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Sep 4 04:49:22 CEST 2012

On Mon, 03 Sep 2012, Arthur O'Dwyer wrote:
> users. But it seems like the *first* prerequisite is for someone to
> address the problem in TeXLive itself, so that anyone who rsyncs with
> tug.org::tldevsrc/Build/source/ will see the fix.

That is why in the last email I wrote
	Karl? Peter?
who are the ones doing this stuff and will surely answer at some point
in future.

> Beyond that... If this fix can be pushed downstream fast enough to get
> into Ubuntu 12.10, that would be nice. If it misses the initial

My procedure will be the following:
- wait for Karl and Peter to answer
- if accepted prepare a new texlive-bin package
- upload it to Debian/unstable and ask release-managers to include
  it in testing
- if it is in testing, Ubuntu will pull it for sure
  if it is not in testing, one can request that it will get pulled
  from unstable
  (but I don't know anything about the internals of Ubuntu)

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining                preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan                                   TeX Live and Debian Developer
gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094   fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094