[tex-live] ulqda and Digest::SHA(1)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Sep 4 01:19:14 CEST 2012

Hi Ivan,

thanks for your work on ulqda. Recently a bug was reported to
the Ubuntu bug tracker, but it is the same in many other
distributions is my guess:

On Mon, 03 Sep 2012, Steven Goodpaster wrote:
> I'm trying to use ChemFig (included with texlive-science) to draw a
> chemical's structural formula within a LaTeX document. It appears to
> depend on a now depreciated/removed libdigest-sha1-perl, when it should
> instead depend on its replacement libdigest-sha-perl.  I'm using version
> texlive-science 2012.20120611-1~ubuntu12.04.1

And that is true, it calls
	use Digest::SHA1 ...
which is not available in at least Debian and Ubuntu, but has been
replaced by Digest::SHA.

I would suggest adding instead the following code to the
script which makes it run with both SHA1 and SHA:
----
eval { require Digest::SHA1; };
if ($@) {
  require Digest::SHA;
  Digest::SHA->import(qw(sha1 sha1_hex sha1_base64));
  print "loadins SHA...\n";
} else {
  Digest::SHA1->import(qw(sha1 sha1_hex sha1_base64));
}
----

Thanks for considering this item.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining                preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan                                   TeX Live and Debian Developer
gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094   fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094