[tex-live] Bad tfm files in texlive (svn revision 28110)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 31 23:03:33 CET 2012

Hi Sigitas,

    There are bad tfm's in texlive distribution (checked at svn revision 28110):

Thanks for the report.

(For the record, last I knew there were several others too.  We have a
script check-files-by-format which checks the validity of
tfm/vf/pfb/etc. files by running tftopl, vftovp, t1lint, etc., every so
often.  However, some bad files have been noted and we haven't followed
up yet with the authors, or they are uncontactable.  In other cases,
authors were reached but no fixes were forthcoming.  Anyway ...)

      - texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/arev (corrupted but somehow recoverable by tftopl utility)
        ArevSans-Bold.tfm
        ArevSans-BoldOblique.tfm

Yes.  Arev was last updated in 2006 and Stephen Hartke hasn't had time
to work on anything TeX-related for years, unfortunately.  If you or
anyone feels like contacting him, great.  I feel like I've already
pestered him too much.

      - texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/dozenal:
        fdzbs8a.tfm
        fdzi8a.tfm

      - texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/gfsbodoni:
        gbodonio9r.tfm (zero length file)

I wrote those authors/maintainers (Donald Goodman and Antonis
Tsolomitis).

Thanks again,
Karl