[tex-live] converting dvi to pdf?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 22:43:34 CET 2012

2012/10/29 Dr. C.L. Tondo <drtondo at t3works.com>:
> Hi Gilberto,
>

> Thanks for the answer. But are you suggesting that I convert the figures
> from .eps to something else?
>
> Everything works and I can generate a ps file and then produce a pdf with
> Distiller. With TeXLive, I’d  like to use the same material and produce
> another pdf file.
>

> Is there a bug in rungs or in the options used by dvipdfmx?

dvipdfmx calls gs (via rungs) and the error message says that the EPS
file cannot be read, so the question is why gs complains. Although I
am a Linux user, I occasionally use Windows too. I never had a problem
that gs could not read the file thus I can naturally suspect that the
files are for some reason in a different directory.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/