[tex-live] a question about when gets the TL database refreshed in mirrors

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Oct 6 18:17:42 CEST 2012

Le 6 oct. 2012 à 18:12, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> a écrit :

> 2012/10/6 jfbu <jfbu at free.fr>:
>> I am not sure I understand: even with the -repository=my_mirror option the info
>> whether or not to update is fetched from a mirror possibly unrelated to my_mirror?
>
> No. Then the info should be consistent.
>
> Best
>   Martin

Thank you Martin.

But then I am puzzled, because as I said the mirror I queried does have updated packages, compared to my computer; so then why does tlmgr tell me there are no updates to install?

I installed TL2012 only recently (circa a month ago) and so far all updates were done (via Tex Live Utility on my Mac) successfully once or twice a week when I saw packages announced on the ctan-ann RSS feed. But for the last week or so, TLU, and also tlmgr from the command line, both tell me agains all evidences (to the simple minded me ;-) ) that there are no updates to install.

Regards,
Jean-François