[tex-live] TeX Live file associations

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Nov 29 16:03:20 CET 2012

Hi List

In my tests with virtual windows (win7 64-bit) I've noticed the following:

* downloaded install-tl.zip
* run install-tl-advanced.bat and choose basic scheme + texworks
* The gui says under 'file associations': only new ones
* run the installation
* reboot

now .pdf is associated to psv and not the already installed Adobe Reader

This is rather unfortunate, as it is not what the installer said, and also because a lot of windows users does not know how to change file associations, so they think TL broke Adobe Reader

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University
Mere info: http://au.dk/daleif@imf / More information: http://au.dk/en/daleif@imf