[tex-live] TL temp folder under windows

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Nov 28 00:01:20 CET 2012

Hi Lars,

On Di, 27 Nov 2012, Lars Madsen wrote:
> Been working a bit with my idea for creating a transplanted TL on windows.

	tlmgr path
	tlmgr postaction
are our friends ... don't forget them.

> there is a folder
> 2012/temp
> containing lots of .xz filers

They should have been removed after successful installation.

They are not necessary (as the name temp says)

> BTW: about a month ago I asked whether there are other system dependent files in a TL installation on windows other than the font cache. I never got an answer for that question. Does anyone know?

I don't think so, besides the desktop integration etc, see above.

Best wishes

Norbert
His eyes seemed to be popping out of his head. He wasn't
certain if this was because they were trying to see more
clearly, or if they simply wanted to leave at this point.
                 --- Arthur trying to see who had diverted him from going to
                 --- a party.