[tex-live] tlmgr update --self fails

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Nov 7 15:20:07 CET 2012

On Mi, 07 Nov 2012, Martin Schröder wrote:
> Install candidate for texlive.infra from main (27830)

Ok, fine.

> >> Preparing TeX Live infrastructure update...
> >> cannot set/edit root of a virtual tlpdb
> >
> > Huuu? That is interesting, why does this appear here?
>
> Your code. :-)

I know ... still I am not seeing it on Linux, so it seems to be
Win specific, which would mean not my code ;-)))

> >> TLDownload::get_file: response error:
> >>   404 Not Found
> >> permanent server connection set up, but downloading did not
> >
> > Ok, does this happen always?
>
> Yes. Even after I reset my main repo from a fixed one (berlin) to
> mirror.ctan.org

That is *REALLY* strange ... do you have some proxy variables
set, something that might LWP *and* wget go mad?

> Could it be related to me using multiple repos?

I am running multi repos (4 in total) since long ... no problem on
my side, though.

Puzzled.

Best wishes

Norbert
`You ARE Zaphod Beeblebrox?'
but don't shout it out or they'll all
want one.'
`THE Zaphod Beeblebrox?'
`No, just A Zaphod Bebblebrox, didn't you hear I come in
six packs?'
I just heard on the sub-ether
radio report. It said you were dead...'
`Yeah, that's right, I just haven't stopped moving yet.'
                 --- Zaphod and the Guide's receptionist.