[tex-live] tlmgr update --self fails

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Nov 7 15:15:33 CET 2012

2012/11/7 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
> On Mi, 07 Nov 2012, Martin Schröder wrote:
>> since Monday on Win7, tlmgr asks for --self, but then fails:
>
> Hmm, not here on my machine (Linux). What does
>         tlmgr candidates texlive.infra
> say?

tlmgr: using pinning file C:/texlive/2012/../texmf-local/tlpkg/pinning.txt
tlmgr: package repositories:
        main = http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet
        tlcontrib = http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2012
Install candidate for texlive.infra from main (27830)

>> Preparing TeX Live infrastructure update...
>> cannot set/edit root of a virtual tlpdb
>
> Huuu? That is interesting, why does this appear here?

Your code. :-)

>> TLDownload::get_file: response error:
>>   404 Not Found
>> permanent server connection set up, but downloading did not
>
> Ok, does this happen always?

Yes. Even after I reset my main repo from a fixed one (berlin) to
mirror.ctan.org

Could it be related to me using multiple repos?

Best
   Martin