[tex-live] package for book cataloguing ??

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Fri May 18 21:26:00 CEST 2012

Hi,

post no.3, but here we are at the nub of things.

I produce a book catalogue. This involves extracting the appropriate
fields out of my database and running it through a perl script to
produce a file with each record containing tex mark up so that it will
format nicely in typical book dealer format.

After some hours spent browsing the tex help files on my system and
looking on the main tex site I was surprised not to find any ready made
system for this. Not that this has been a major issue as I have managed
reasonably well, but I did imagine that I might have found a more
flexible and creative package than my own efforts have produced.

If any one knows of something that might exist in this area I would be
pleased to hear of it.

regards
Anne