[tex-live] tl'12 plans

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 5 03:00:41 CEST 2012

FYI ... I believe I've caught up with the backlog of package updates
from my time away.

I expect to keep updating normally for a little less than one more week
(May 10).  At that point, we'll freeze tlnet updates and tl'11 will be
frozen forever.

We'll start building tlpretest shortly after that, after an initial set
of new binaries has been committed.

We will still update from CTAN normally for another two weeks or so
after that, but those updates will go to tlpretest.  Then there will be
a short period for final bug fixes and doc tweaks when updates will be
made only on request.  (I hope to start the doc updates soon.)

I put my best guess at the schedule on the TL home page,
http://tug.org/texlive.

karl