[tex-live] request from the author of media9 and media15

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 21 09:21:25 CET 2012

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     remove package `flashmovie' from TeXLive as well.
>
> Removed for tonight.
>
>     I strongly feel unjustly treated
>
> Sorry for that.  I do have your message where you told me about other
> acrobat-requiring packages and will research them as soon as I can.
>
>     banning of anything that has the slightest relation to non-free
>     software,
>
> As I said in my reply, that is not, and has never been, the policy.

you didn't make it clear to me, either.

which is why i removed the pdf file from the faq distribution build the
other day.  i may manage another release before i retire (and the faq
service disappears) at whhich point the pdf will go automatically.  the
whole thing is taking ever longer to proof read than back when i was
healthier.

i doubt it matters much.  almost none of my hits come from anything
other than google and the like, and the pdf is so huge i don't imagine
anyone wants to read that, either.  so no-one will notice.

robin
the time-waster