[tex-live] kpsewhich uses huge amount of memory and CPU

Jörg Frauendiener joergf at maths.otago.ac.nz
Tue Mar 20 21:10:43 CET 2012

Hi,

thanks for the replies. Actually, it is not related to Lion. I see the same behaviour also on 10.6.

To answer your questions: yes, I still have texlive 2010 lying around. My path is

kepler:~> echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin

I have not changed any paths or TeXLive variables and I don't have many files in my personal texmf tree.

I use MacPorts but not their texlive installation.

Cheers, Jorg

--
Jorg Frauendiener         | Tel.: +64-3-479-7770
Mathematics & Statistics  | Fax:  +64-3-479-8427
University of Otago       | joergf at maths.otago.ac.nz
P.O. Box 56               | jorg.frauendiener at otago.ac.nz
Dunedin 9010              | http://www.maths.otago.ac.nz
Skype: frauendiener